At Grace Kids, we want kids to know how to Love God, Live like Jesus and Serve the World. We do this through age-specific programming full of Worship, engaging Bible Stories along with a variety of games, crafts, and activities to reinforce our Bottom Line of the day that fits in with the theme of the month. During this pandemic season, we are working to adapt and adjust our programming as precautions change.
We have childcare during all of our Sunday worship services. Childcare takes place in room 209. We also have a Family Room if you need a place to take your restless toddler during Sunday morning services. Room 208 offers chairs for nursing moms, a changing table, toddler friendly toys and a live feed of service.
Grace Kids Sunday Classes
- Each Sunday please check your children at the station across from the coffee shop. Here you will get your child’s name badge and a parent security tag for pickup. You will also find parent resources and information relevant to what is happening in Grace Kids!
- We have Sunday morning programing for our kids at 9:00 a.m. and we need volunteers to serve! Volunteers commit to serve bi-weekly with a small group of kids. Training, activity plans, supplies and fun are all provided! Please contact Stacy Guerrero for more information or if interested!
Family Faith at Home
Bring faith formation into your home at the click of a button. Use the links below to find Bible Story and Worship Videos along with Parent Guides to help guide you through activities, discussion and prayer with your family!
The Habit of Prayer
As faith community, we are invited to talk with God in prayer. But, if we’re honest, prayer can be challenging, awkward and uncomfortable. Most of us wrestle with sentiments like:
- I don’t know how to pray or what to say.
- Is God even interested?
- The silence of prayer is uncomfortable for me.
- It’s hard for me to ask.
- You don’t know what I’ve done.
This Lenten season we invite you to the third floor each week for a six-week journey into the habit of prayer. God’s Spirit and guidance has infinite ways of communing with us. It can be in a dream, a book, a word, a simple and quiet knowing within. We only have to pay attention and to be open. Sometimes it may feel difficult to know how to start. With this in mind, each Sunday during Lent a new prayer station will be added to the third floor, which will invite you into a conversation with God. An image and scripture as well as guidance in different prayer practices will be available. There will be tools you can take home to help you use this practice in your home. These stations will have options for all ages and serve as an invitation for you to ready your hearts for the celebration of Easter. Friendly for all ages!
Stay Connected with Grace Kids:
Grace Kids Instagram: instagram.com/gracekids.olathe/
- Grace Kids Facebook: facebook.com/gracekidsolathe/
- Grace Kids Facebook Community: tinyurl.com/GraceKidsCommunity
- Weekly E-mails from Grace Kids: e-mail [email protected] to be added.
If you need anything at all, please contact us to let us know how we can help, pray, and support you.
Kids Place at Grace Preschool
Kid’s Place at Grace sees each child as a unique individual, created by God. We provide a warm, nurturing, fun and positive environment that is designed to promote the development of the whole child, including social, physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual growth. Our curriculum encourages each child’s creativity, curiosity and positive self-esteem through age appropriate, hands-on activities.
The Staff at Kid’s Place at Grace must pass rigorous screening, education, and experience qualifications to meet or exceed those required by the state of Kansas and Grace UMC. Each teacher participates annually in continuing education opportunities to broaden and increase skills to make a positive contribution to the education of your child.
If you need to contact someone about the Kid’s Place at Grace Preschool and Kid’s Day Out, call Jennifer at (913) 859-0111 ext. 220
For handbook, enrollment form, calendar, and other online resources, click here