As this year comes to a close, your Missions Commission would like to thank the wonderful people of Grace for your generosity of spirit and resources. You have done a great deal to improve the lives of hundreds of people. Here is a recap of the things accomplished this year.
- Extravaganza: Raised $128,000, which included $70,000 for Fund the Need (finished the Center of Grace Fellowship Hall), youth mission trips, on-going support of the medical clinic in Tochimizolco, Mexico and paid a tithe to apportionments.
- Good Faith Network: A group from Grace helped this interfaith network organization research and make recommendations to County officials for a mental health crisis center and ways to combat homelessness. Grace is a member congregation of the Network and contributes to its support.
- Disaster Relief: Your donations through September have amounted to $3685. Money is sent to the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) for distribution.
- Backpacks: Your donations have given 350 children new backpacks filled with school supplies at the beginning of the school year, plus school supplies for another 100 children.
- Refugee Assistance: Hygiene kits and cleaning kits were put together for refugees. Bicycles were collected and restored for refugee transportation.
- Noisy Offering: Your coins and dollars amounted to $1,451 sent to Give Ye Them To Eat, a program to teach sustainable agriculture and community-based health workers in Mexico.
- Coat and hat collection for Center of Grace Clothing Closet.
- Alternative Gift Fair: Donations and sales came to over $11,000.
- Center of Grace Clothing Closet is expanding to include items for homes
- Grace Food Ministry has provided over 6,000 meals through October on Wednesday evenings plus more meals are served on Thursdays by community groups.
- Deaf Church International has been joined by volunteers from Grace to deliver food to deaf refugees twice each month.
- Center of Grace has provided ministry in many other ways. Please check their report for those amazing details.
Continue to bless the world with your generosity. Thank you for sharing your love in many ways.