Although the Center of Grace has been “closed” this past week, the staff has been working behind the scenes setting up new ways to reach out to our families in these changing times.
Beginning next week, here is how the Center is helping families:
- We are offering to-go meals on Wednesdays and Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm
- We are distributing $25 or $50 gift cards to Price Chopper, Aldi and Walmart
- We are distributing personal hygiene kits
- We are helping families with rent and utility bills
Here is how you can help:
- Make a donation to the COVID-19 Relief Fund at www.pushpay.com/g/
- Purchase gift cards and mail them or drop them off at the Center M-F 9-noon and 1-4pm
- Donate personal hygiene items and drop them off at the Center (shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, razors, body lotion, toilet paper, tampons, pads, dish soap, laundry soap)
- Several of our volunteers who normally work on Wednesday and Thursdays fall into that “high risk” category and have felt the necessity to take a step back during this season. If you would be willing to step up and volunteer on Wednesday or Thursday to assist in making these meals-to-go happen, please reach out to Pastor Sylvia at 913-710-4628.