Common Grace Worship Leader
Common Grace, the extension campus of Grace United Methodist Church in southwest Johnson County, is seeking a part time Campus Worship Leader. The Campus Worship Leader will be responsible for oversight and coordination of weekly worship in partnership with the Campus Pastor. This person will be actively involved in the broader life of the community and provide leadership during campus related special events and activities.
Central job duties include:
- Leading well-planned and engaging worship weekly and during special gatherings of the church. Worship will be designed in partnership with the Campus Pastor, possibly including music, prayer, liturgy, scripture, and tactile forms of worship participation.
- Scheduling and leading weekly rehearsals
- Recruiting, training, scheduling, and care of musicians and support personnel, to include rotating teams providing Sunday morning leadership
- Active involvement at campus and community events
- Learning the stories, gifts, passions, and struggles of the community through one-on-one and small group interactions
- Position is part time, up to 20 hours per week; evening & weekend work required
- Proficiency to lead worship vocally while playing guitar and/or piano
- Familiarity with, or willingness to grow in understanding of, worship practices of ancient and modern church movements
- At least two years experience leading worship
- At least one year experience recruiting & managing volunteers
- Demonstrates an active and growing personal faith and a passion for worship that encourages spiritual growth in the life of the church
- Ability to adapt and troubleshoot on the fly, adjusting ministry for the changing and growing context of a new church plant
Common Grace is a new church campus launching in southwest Olathe in Fall 2018. Our mission is to help people deepen their connection with God and neighbor and build partnerships to transform communities so that all may thrive. Our core values are invitation, hospitality, connection, and mission. We are committed to helping others experience the grace of God through worship, community, and hands-on service. Common Grace is a campus of Grace United Methodist Church, a multi-site congregation focused on direct service mission that has been in Olathe for more than 160 years.
Worship at Common Grace is the time that we gather as people with diverse life experiences and backgrounds to celebrate the movement of God in our community. Leaning on the best of what ancient and modern Christian traditions have to offer, we will incorporate liturgy, scripture, music, sermons, and prayer together as we give thanks to God and share our unending need for grace. Worship will be consistently excellent without being pretentious, and will be a relaxed place that people expect to encounter the Holy Spirit and feel comfortable being themselves.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org