Let’s get together this summer in “family” reunion style meetings. Let’s meet together in small groups in the homes of folks, and tell some stories about ourselves and the church. This is an opportunity to get to know folks who may attend different services and small groups. See Nanette’s letter below for more details.
Please sign up for one of the following dates and times:
- Jun 17, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jun 19, 2019 (10:00 – 11:00 am)
- Jun 19, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jun 20, 2019 (10:00 – 11:00 am)
- Jun 24, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jun 26, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jun 27, 2019 (10:00 – 11:00 am)
- Jul 8, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jul 10, 2019 (10:00 – 11:00 am)
- Jul 10, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jul 15, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jul 17, 2019 (10:00 – 11:00 am)
- Jul 17, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jul 22, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Jul 24, 2019 (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
My personal theme for the summer as one of your pastors is “Lingering a little longer!” Starting my 17th year, I’m wanting to spend the summer listening, dialoguing, and asking questions, and answering questions and living into deepening relationships with who we are as a faith community. For that to happen I need you!
We are having small group conversation meetings in the homes of folks throughout the area who have agreed to host 12-15 at most 20 people to be in conversation about who we are and what our hopes and dreams might be leading us toward in God’s vision. The meetings will be on Monday and Wednesday evenings and Tuesday and Thursday mornings beginning next Monday, June 17 and running through the end of July. I look forward to visiting with all who can come to whatever time and place works best!
As I said Sunday, we’ll focus our conversations around these three questions:
- What do you love about your church
- What do you think are the greatest challenges we face
- What are your dreams for Grace as we move together into the future
We ought to have those answered comprehensively in the first 15 minutes or so and we’ll spend the next 45 telling our favorite religious knock-knock jokes! Seriously, we may not get to all three questions with the time we have, but reflecting together on our church I believe will help continue to build us in relationship and toward what God envisions for us in ministry and service!
We will continue to have sign-up sheets for each date in the west welcome area each Sunday, and would also invite you to register on-line, or by calling the office (913)859-0111. I’m excited for us to have a chance to get to know folks who may attend different services, who may be in different small groups, who may have different areas of activity at Grace.
Blessings for the summer season and I’m kinda figuring these meetings are like a summer-long family reunion! Let’s meet together and tell some stories about ourselves and our church – it doesn’t get much better than that! See you in worship and in fellowship!